Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Three Month Dash

Things are about to get crazy.  They already are crazy, no doubt, but in three months my whole world will change.......for the better of course.  In the grand scheme of things, I suppose what's happening to me happens to lots of people but there's one thing that makes my situation a bit different.  I'm not marrying in to a situation in suburbia with 2.5 children and a dog, I'm marrying in to (and gladly), the beginning of a self-sufficient farm.

Two and half years ago when George and I met, we slowly started realizing how unique we both were.  I remember the conversation that sprouted the idea of us starting a SS farm, it was playful and light.  We talked about naming our first horse after the city we met in and from there we began.  Neither one of us were sure how it was going to happen but it was something we longed to do; get off the grid, stop the 9-5 bull and live a meaningful, simple, spiritual life, void of everyone and everything telling us how we should feel, what we should buy and what would make us happy.

So here I am, about to leave a job that pays very well, a community I've grown to enjoy with people I've learned to love; all for the sake of a voice in the back of my mind that keeps telling me that there's so much more in having so much less.  I've never been one to back away from a plunge.  And here, in this journal, besides having a place to vent, I'll have a place to detail what's happened, what's happening and what I hope for the future in this venture with the man soon to be called 'husband'.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment