Friday, September 10, 2010

Gonna do it

Setting my mind to it and though I didn't want to be one of those brides that goes on some fad diet just before her wedding......screw it all, I'm going to anyway.  A few years ago I was on the South Beach Diet and lost 25 lbs.  I fell off the wagon a couple years ago when I was working hard outside and able to eat anything I wanted without gaining a pound.  I gradually worked less and less outside and more inside and didn't adjust my eating habits one bit.  Bad idea.  So now I'm up to my H.S. weight which was not great though not terrible.  I'll be honest, I'm not obese.  I could be, and have been much heavier.  But the point isn't just weight.  I'm sick of the peaks and valleys that comes with too many sugary (starches included here!) foods.  I just feel better eating better. 

Who'da thunk it.

So here's to the SB diet.  It's the only thing I've ever found to motivate me.  The first few paragraphs of the book make me think:  "this isn't a fad, it's common sense".  And I can do it.  I've done it before, I can do it again.

One of the side effects that they don't tell you about in the book is how you view food completely different.  All of a sudden (the last time I went on it) I was pissed off.  Completely pissed at all the seductive labeling, the cram-it-down-my-throat tactics that advertisers use to get you to eat their crap.  And that's all it is.....crap. 

It's a battle.  My brain and body (which they want dumb and fat) against their brain and money (which is corrupt and bottomless).  I've always enjoyed a challenge.  It's when I get angry that I sometimes do the most good.  F*** you big food companies.  Your plan is backfiring. 

Unless you want people fat....but then perhaps you just don't care as long as you make money.

http://www.responsible-advertising.org/media/food_advertising_graf.gif

http://www.viewpoints.com/Hot-Pockets-Panini-Steak-amp-Cheddar-review-ce804

1 comment:

  1. Get daily ideas and methods for earning $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
    GET FREE ACCESS NOW

    ReplyDelete