Thursday, December 30, 2010

Married musings....

I think it’s important to have your own place. My husband is pretty understanding about this and when the original plan was for me to move out to his house, we agreed that the sun porch would be ‘mine’ and I was thrilled with that. The perfect light for so many projects, a space to call my own. But I think this thinking is dangerous as well. I find I have to be careful. I married not just to say I’m married, I married to become one with someone I think is worthy of becoming one with.

The challenge will be to maintain individuality while working as one, as a team, not quibbling over how the toilet paper is put on the roll! I enjoy having my own place (or space) too but what are four walls except what they contain? I’m nowhere near the person I know I can be all alone as I am with him and he feels the same about me. Who I am is not where I am and what I own or have control over, if I can keep remembering that, I’ll be in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment