Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baking for Others

I found a great way to satisfy my urge to bake......making dog treats!  This was a very easy recipe from this site and it made just enough.  Only two cups of flour, some of the recipes had 5-6 cups!  That's a bit much for my first try.  But the last batch of these is in the oven now and my dog Sam definitely approves.  He keeps coming over to me to lick spots on my hands and apron where things have stuck.  Not terribly good but what do I care, he's eating them!
All rolled out and using an apple slicer for smaller pieces


Just right for treats
  
Greased the cookie sheet with good 'ol fashioned lard that I rendered with my dad



The finished product with some experimental shapes in there


Up close they look good don't they! 
By the way, I modified the recipe.  It's called Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers (dorky) and I added another 1/4 cup water because the dough was waaay to dry, then to make sure it didn't get too sloppy and to add some savor I added 2 tbsp parsley flakes and 2 tbsp of olive oil.  I also baked them at 300 degrees not 350 since the bottoms brown up pretty quickly.  15- 20 minutes and they were done and in Sam's mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment