Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Soundtrack

Sundays are my music days.  I am usually home all day, relaxing, recouping, decompressing etc.  I find that music helps me do this more successfully so every Sunday, I have an album or an artist that I'm in the mood for and they are just the thing, just right; not too cold, not too hot Goldilocks.

Today is all about Dar.  imgallery-Darheadshot.jpg

Dar Williams.  Ever heard of her?  She's a folk artist with honesty in every word of every song.  But she's not in the doldrums.  Oh far from it.  She celebrates everything about life.  It's love.  It's mystery.  It's quite moments.  It's party moments.  She's amazing and I love her truly.  I have been listening to her ever since my dear friend introduced her to me over 10 years ago.  She was a staple at the camp I was a counselor at.  She helped me feel understood in my 8 long year relationship with a man who didn't truly know what it was to love.  She's been with me every step of the way and she's the one artist that has also changed in the same ways I have.  It's evident in her music, one of my favorites:  http://amzn.to/i1Ztuu

But they are too numerous to count.  So an intro.  This is Dar.  Give her a try.  Her voice is real, not etheral and her songs.....well there's one for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment