Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chicago Flower & Garden Show

 Welcome to the Chicago Flower & Garden show!  Today I gave a talk to 70 people at the flower show and it went very well.  I was pleased with the response from the audience, I made them laugh..which I always try to do.  It was fun and very doable.  Talk about Fearless!  When it's part of your job you have to conquer your fear.  This was the first time my workplace had been represented in any way at the flower show.  What am I supposed to say when they ask me to talk?  No, I'm skeert?  I don't think so.  So you get over it.  I was nervous, no doubt, I have talked to a room of 100 before and I kept telling myself that.  It helped.  That and my parents were there
 Funny; I remember when their presence would have made me more nervous, now it brings me comfort.  I suppose that's called growing up.  I'm glad I grew up some, it's well worth the wait.  But I ramble on!  Enjoy the pictures!  I wish my camera were better but this is all I managed to get.  And if you were there...sorry I missed you!

????


!!!!!!!

Lucious



A wooded bed, they even brought in the oak leaves.  I love it. Ugh but it's sideways!


2 comments:

  1. How great! It looks like so much fun!
    I am glad to hear you did so good. I am not sure I oculd do that. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! You'd be surprised what you can do when you put your mind to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete