Sunday, March 13, 2011

Only for bread

Will I go to these lengths.  It's nearly midnight; or 1am since the clocks switch tonight, and only for bread would I be up this late. 

This:

Will rise overnight 4-6 hrs and in the morning I will try, try again to make sourdough.  It's just like anything, the more you try the more you notice what's happening beneath your fingers and the more you notice what it feels like when it's 'just right' (because eventually it WILL be 'just right')!

As I say: learning something new is really just about paying very close attention

Example: bread = better each time I try it.

And the painted nails just make me laugh........

2 comments:

  1. how do you make your sourdough starter ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie; here's the recipe:
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 1/2 cups water

    mix together in a large container (I use a big Glad ware plastic container. let it sit on your countertop with a towel over it loosely for one week. But every day add 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup whole wheat flour. Mix it well, replace the towel and let it sit again. After 7 days the starter is ready to use to make bread.

    Essentially, you are collecting yeast from the air in your home and using it to make the bread. The starter attracts the yeast. How cool!

    ReplyDelete