Friday, July 29, 2011

Farmday Friday! (two in a row!)

Hallo;

Today I want to talk about fruit.  It's in season.  All of it.  Right now.  And I have harvesters syndrome.

It's that tiny little itch in your hands when you know something is in season and that it won't taste nearly as wonderful in winter as it will fresh picked from a local pickery-so you have to pick or buy trying.

Peaches, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, black raspberries, cherries, strawberries (which I missed; tthhbbpt) cantaloupe-oh dear.  Then what?  They sit in the fridge while I bide my time waiting for the time to have the plethora of processing madness.  Sometimes they get moldy.  But hey, it's jam right?  Or pie.  Or crisp.  Or in my case, nearly all three.  I didn't do the pie.

But I did make this!  This yumminess is my own concocted jam.  Haven't tasted it yet but it sounds good!


This is what it looked like before I smashed it up.  Ranier cherries, blackberries, peaches and a sconch of whiskey

I love fruit.  I think I inherited that love from my grandmother.  She was an equal opportunity fruit lover.  She grew strawberries and blackberries and I can't eat a peach without thinking of her.  Her bowels must have been so clean they sparkled.

Fruity goodness is fun to play with.  Looks like I need to go buy more peanut butter.

1 comment:

  1. Love fruit too, but our harvest this year has been SAAAAAD.:( I hope your jam tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete