Friday, July 22, 2011

Farmday Friday!!! Yay!

For this fun-filled Farmday Friday I want to talk about laundry.

(dead silence)

Ok c'mon.  Laundry is not so bad is it?  The washing, air drying, the folding and ironing.  All so you can have clean, nice looking things on your back.  It's the epitome of having something to show for all your hard work at the end of a day.

Recently my husband decided he had too many clothes (he has about 5 times more than I do!) so he's packing up the excess for later usage and he's only leaving out the amount of clothes that he can readily wash by  hand using the brand new wash board he made for himself.
*sigh* My Hero......................








Also heroic is he's using the soap I made a year or so ago from scratch.  

Good 'ol fashioned lye soap and you know what, he's really enjoying it.  See why I married this man?  So here's to laundry the old fashioned way.  No wonder in Little House on the Prairie they wore the same dresses all the time.  Variety was not the spice of life, it was a waste of good money that could be spent on things that mattered like, oh ya know....FOOD.  Oh how spoiled we are today. 











 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a man's man! :)

    Thanks for the kind words on my blog, you're too sweet. Harry Potter was awesome, I would see it again too :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absotutely! :-) You're very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog! You're funny and have lots of good information! I added you to my sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. And I can TOTALLY see why your married your husband! He's a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mamatea thanks for the thumbs up! You are right, he's a keeper and I hope I always remember that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just out bloghooping....it was fun to visit you. Hope you can stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete