Friday, September 16, 2011

Farmday Friday!!! A Farmgirl's Library

I've written before about our library.  It's growing by leaps and bounds.  Any time we see a book that might help us with the farm we buy it. 

Ok so we haven't been so great about reading these books (ugh, so busy!) but we have them at least.  

The library on our soon to be farm will be so big we'll have to house it on the ground floor.....lest the shelves come crashing through to the ground floor due to their weight, as if to say,
"See, we belonged down here anyway"

For today's post, I thought it might be fun to show you a small, very small, exceeding tiny minuscule glimpse of what our library contains....with appropriate commentary of course.

This is for the days I worry too much about getting the farm

This is an essential Farmgirl book, it reminds me why I want to start a farm
We won't be going for the whole organic thing so we can market it that way but because we imagine, we won't have the money to spend on expensive chemicals....it's strictly utilitarian.

This one weighs a ton!  Full of useful tips, again we imagine not having the money (gladly) to solve all our problems by going out and buying something.
This one needs no explanation surely?  "Open me up for a taste of Nostalgia"

Awesome book.  Stories with recipes.  True Farmgirl

This is my most recent addition, recipes for everything from brains (I know some people who should try it) to wine and tips on removing stains etc.
And finally, the bear of very little brains who somehow manages to get it all spot on, maybe I should retract my earlier book caption, maybe brains aren't 'all that'.

I hope you enjoyed this little jaunt through our library....Farmgirl Style.  I'd be happy to pass along ISBN numbers on those that have them (the Marion Harland's book was published in 1906 so no hope there) and look things up for you if you're looking for something in particular.

Oh, and if you want a Pooh story read to you, I'm good for that as well.  "Oh Bother!"




4 comments:

  1. What a fun library! I'd love to look through that Pioneer Lady book and the old cookbook. Nothing like curling up with a good book at the end of a busy day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your library. Lots of good books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pioneer Lady's Country Kitchen sounds like a fun read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! We've been pretty lucky in our finds. I love curling up with one and daydreaming about what could be........

    ReplyDelete