Friday, September 23, 2011

Farmday Friday!! Yaaay!

Welcome to another installment of Farmday Friday!  Yaaaaaay!

Why do I always 'yaaaaay!' at the end?

Because I love everything farmy.  I am happiest when I am being farmy.  Farmy is my favorite.

So it's worth yaying about!

I thought I'd share some recent projects with you.  Lately I've been knitting like nothin' else.  Trying to get some WIP's out of the way so I can start on Christmas knitting, GAH! Christmas knitting!  Oh boy.  I'd better get moving.




I started these sock last year and finally finished them the other night! Yay!  They are so cozy and all mine.


Finished socks go immediately on my feet.  They striped up so nicely.  The next pair I'm making stripey stockings out of.  What fun!

I think these (below) are one of the more exciting things I've ever made.  They were supposed to be stockings but I ran out of yarn and had to make them in to quite long socks.  They are Suri Alpaca which is amazingly soft!  


When completed, they'll have a ribbon at the top to tie on your calf and I'll put them up for sale on Etsy.  I'm working on the second one right now!


Happy Knitting if you're a knitter and if not.  Why not?  It's so gratifying to make beautiful things, maybe someday I'll make you a convert.

11 comments:

  1. Looks great~ Yesterday I finished another basket weave block for a knitted, block blanket. I also finished another embroidered flour sack towel, and worked on a crocheted blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks! I am a crocheter and a very-beginning knitter. My *one* knitting goal is to learn to make socks. I'm impressed with yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your stripey socks! Knitting socks is very rewarding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy Kristina! Kudos to you!

    Thanks Moo....socks aren't difficult and Youtube can be a great help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And so brave. I have yet to try socks, they are so intimidating to me! I'm working on Christmas gifts right now too, no Christmas knitting yet. But that will start as soon as I'm done with sewing Christmas dolls and dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lissa, it's a matter of going slowly through the learning parts like the toe and the heel but once you do it, it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, I'm so jealous! those socks look so comfy!! I wanna know how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not hard! Find a local yarn store near you and see about classes. It soon turns in to an addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! nice socks! i have a friend who knits and ever since I tried a pair of hand knit socks, its hard to put anything else on my feet. Your socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know they're awesome aren't they? I started another pair already, can't get enough! Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete