Monday, September 19, 2011

I Won! Passing it On.

Recently MamaTea of A Farmish Kinda Life awarded me the Liebster Blog Award (THANKS MAMA!):

"Liebster" is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Liebster is awarded to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers.


I was thrilled and honored and honored and thrilled.  No one has ever given me an award before and you know, blogging can be hard work!!


I enjoy it for sure but there's a certain state of mind I have to be in or the words just don't flow and I end up with a post that it hurts my eyes to read.  I save them as drafts,  hoping that the writing karma will come back, it usually does!


As part of this award I also have to choose 5 blogs to showcase.  Blogs with less than 200 followers.  That shouldn't be too hard.  There are so many good blogs out there and I tend to shy away from the ones with tons and tons of followers.


I've always rooted for the underdog




So let's get going shall we?

Now besides bowing low, curtsying and accepting this lovely award, I also have to:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you. CHECK

2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. CHECK

3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.  CHECK

4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers. DOUBLE CHECK

5. And most of all - have fun! CHECK CHECK CHECKITYCHECK

Top Fivers herewego:

Kristina from Pioneer Woman at Heart is a woman after my own heart!  Her heartwarming stories and updates on her farm are food for the soul.  I'm pretty sure we're cut from the same cloth and she's not afraid of a challenge.  Gotta love that!  She's a bit o' Fearless herself!

Lissa B. at Fabulous Farmgirl  Well her name practically says it all.  I just love her writing style.  She's pretty chipper about most everything she talks about and who doesn't need a bit of chipper once in a while?  I loved her post about the crayons. That's the kind of resourcefulness that makes a Farmgirl!

Forrester Farm's blog A Sprig of Lavender....one word FLOWERS.  The need to see pretty flowers is always fulfilled in this blog.  The owners make and sell things in nearby Michigan and I'm a sucker for lavender justaboutanything.  Go check them out!  Oh and who wouldn't want a chicken coop like this?  Awesome.

Let's not forget K. The Littlest Crafter!  K is sweet and one of my cheerleaders.  She stumbled upon me way back and since then we've been following each other's crafting ups and downs.  Her stained glass series was fun to watch, I've always wanted to try that, maybe some day!

And finally A Country Renaissance!  This woman wants to learn everything!  She's going at it like nobody's business too.  People so often look at me funny because of all the things I've learned on my own but I think KT on this blog understands that "learning something new is really about paying very close attention".

Congrats winners!  Spread the love, choose five blogs you love and pass it along, hope you like your award and have a splendiferous day.

xoxoxoxxo
FF

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I never heard of this blog award. Gosh, that's truly an honor.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to have nominated A Sprig of Lavender! Thank you so much - and I will be passing it on :)!.... as soon as I finish my bridal quotes and setting up for this week's Garden Room Event at the farm. What a blessing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both very welcome! It's great fun to point out people I admire. Have a good time giving out the award yourselves, I found it to be very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations FF!! You picked some fine bloggers to pass the award on to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I would have put you on my list of five, had you not been the one to give it to me! Ha! Us little bloggers have to stick together! Much love and thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete