Monday, October 3, 2011

Gut-wrenching Update



Silence on my blog?  You can bet when that happens that I am dealing with something.  You don't have to be an extrovert to blog....since you don't see people face to face.  But feeling so introverted that you don't even want to blog?  Now that's just odd when you think about it.

Question: does blogging facilitate self-absorption?  I've been struggling with this.  I don't think I have an answer.  It just seems that talking about oneself and what's on one's mind might just enables self-absorption.  Something I'd really rather not do.  Isn't there enough of that in the world?  Conundrum.

But enough rambling, on to the update!  

A week or so ago I posted about my relationship with food.  I have made some progress in that department but there is more work to do for sure.

So far I've gone from eating something sweet every. single. day. to indulging 2-3 times a week.  Still way too much.  And I'm not talking a bite here or there but sweets at 10am and 2pm and then again in the early evening.  See a pattern here?  I do.

I am still walking the dog for an hour each morning but wimped out last week due to the weather.

So I will say it again: Suck it up girl, you can do this.  Get off your duffer in the morning, find your joy, remember your blessings, and don't think that that donut will taste better than losing 20 pounds would feel.  It won't.

I don't want to look like I am now.  I don't want to be accepted as I am.  I don't want to be told, "you look fine" because it's not true and people who say that, whether they realize it or not, are enablers in this battle against bad food.

I'm not healthy and I know it.  I have the courage to admit it and try to do something about it.  And those pants?  Yeah, they don't make my butt look big, my butt IS big.  *laughing*

Ahhhh truth......it's the only path to change!  


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your commitment to taking care of yourself! I appreciate your honest writing, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, losing 20 pounds will feel much, much better than that donut tastes! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. :-) Perhaps my stubborness is good for something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your post. I am going thu the same thing. It's nice to know I am not alone.All my friends are thin. I love them but they just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete