Friday, January 27, 2012

Farmday Friday! Yaaay!

What's this?  A long lost Farmday post?  Oh yes yes yes!  

Ok so before anyone gets TOO excited, I'm going to be brief.

I have a problem.
I tend to take myself too seriously.

I started this blog in an effort to write about my farmy pursuits and instead I have waxed political and waned....sometimes unto not posting at all.

So I want to make a promise to you lovely readers and to myself.

From now on, Fearless Farmgirl's blog will only be a place of fun, relaxation, joy and positive vibes......

Not so you we can all stick our heads in the sand, mind you, but so we can find some space to be free of the things that cause stress.  Ok, in the interest of brevity....

FARMDAY FRIDAY!

A while back I showed you my efforts to dye some wool using Pokeberries.  It turned out fantabulous and when hubs saw the color, he gasped "Will you make me a hat with that!!"

Well who can argue with such admiration?

Hence this cute little number for his Valentine's Day present (better tell him not to check my blog eh?):
I made it using this pattern and this for the argyle colorwork.
Put them together and what have you got?

Bippity Boppity Booooo!


It turned out well if I do say so myself.  The Raspberry-ish color is the pokeberry dyed yarn, the light brown blocks are some natural Shetland I spun myself and the black is store-bought.  Too bad I had to take a photo at night.  Colors never turn out right.

Oh and now, I'm on to Christmas knitting.  Yup, you heard right.  I didn't hardly do any handmade for Christmas 2011 and it didn't feel right at all so I'm starting early for this year.  I am not doing that again!  Ick!

Bye Farmgirl Fans, until next time.....


5 comments:

  1. I love it, love it, love it! I remember your pokeberry dying post, it sure turned out nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! I was pretty thrilled and now hubs says when the pokeberries are ripe this year, he's going to go out and harvest every last one of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Im your newest follower, love your site and the title name. Found you through the sweet lady above, ms Candy's blog. Stop by and visit my farm, Love the hat, wish i knew how to knit, i have always admired hats and scarves that were hand knited. Good Job. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh Sheryl don't let anything stop you from learning how to knit. YouTube is a great resource!! Thanks for the compliment, I'll be sure to check out your farm. Thanks for stopping in!
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. how crafty are you?

    this hat is adorable
    and the colors divine

    my 11 year old daughter loves to knit
    but has never managed to teach me well

    and i am also a fan of Mary Jane's Farm

    now a follower
    via GFC and LF

    hope you'll take a moment
    to stop by soon!

    alison

    ReplyDelete