Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Cheese Dance; ode to Frithe

My husband used to describe the 'cheese dance' to me over the phone when we would talk, before I had been to his house and met his dog Frithe.  Frithe was an amazing dog, the perfect mixture of sweetness, zest and obedience and she LOVED cheese.

Every once in a while, for a special treat, he would sprinkle a little bit of grated parmesan cheese on the floor for Frithe to lick up.  She would look up at him adoringly, smiling, and hop from front paw to paw until he sprinkled the cheese down.  I saw it once and not much later, that sweet doggie died.  

So this is in honor of Frithe.  I finally, without a doubt, made CHEESE.

HAPPY CHEESE DANCE HAPPY CHEESE DANCE HAPPY CHEESE DANCE!!!


Frithe would be so proud.

It has to age but come mid-July I get to give it a taste.  

And yes, I would have shared it with her.

5 comments:

  1. My dog loved cheese! When she saw a block of cheddar, it was "come on, you're sharing right?"
    And come over to my site and enter my 1 year blogversary giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I need to make some cheese. I have a few gallons of goat milk waiting for something to be done with it soon. What kind of cheese is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for the Happy Cheese Dance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nancy.

    Kristina: It was loads of fun, now I hope I can do a repeat!

    Kris: It's going to be a mild cheddar. Raw milk is best I think.

    Candy C.: Oh you should have seen it, it was the cutest thing.

    ReplyDelete