Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm Famous!

I promise I won't let it go to my head.

But with the help of my wonderful mother, we contacted a great store in Remington called The Homestead Buttery & Bakery.  Now just from the name alone you KNOW it's going to be good.

I visited their store a while ago.  I had heard much about it from my parents.  When I walked in I was greeted by more baking ingredients than you can shake a stick at.  I was impressed.  I quickly grabbed a basket and began shopping; a little o' this, a little o' that and a big bag of blueberry flavored yogurt covered pretzels (holy cow YUM).  I bought my non-fat dry milk there for the dog treats and while I was checking out, on a whim, I handed my FF business card over to the nice girl at the register.

A few weeks later I had an email and after some minor negotiations:


Fearless Farmgirl home-made dog treats are now offered in their store!  Started by me but mom is my 'satellite' supplier.  It's a great little team we make.  I've always thought we should have a shop somewhere but let's not be hasty.  That's a lot more work than either of us have time for I think!

Many thanks to Heidi for the great spread in the above newsletter.  Garsh it's pretty.  

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the placement of your doggie treats in the Homestead buttery store. Such a cute place, i long to have such a place provide fresh wholesome ingredients to the public. my daughter made up a batch of dog treats for her pets, and having trouble with them molding after a week. How do you store them and sell them without the mold issue? She wants them all natural human grade indg. without any preservatives. Any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheryl and Denny! My dog treats don't mold because they are baked so long at a low temp and allowed to dry out completely kinda like biscotti.

    Depending on what her ingredients are, that may be her best bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Giving home made is a good thing, whether to humans or dogs and cats.

    ReplyDelete