Monday, August 6, 2012

Holy Jungle Batman!

Are you tired of hearing about my garden yet?

You'd think I had never grown vegetables before.  And it's true, it's been a while.

In central Indiana I had a small, teeny tiny veggie patch that I grew for a novelty.

In Pennsylvania I had two small triangle shaped beds at the back of the fenced in yard (OKRA like you've NEVER seen!!)  Nothing like a zone 6 to grow just about everything you'd ever want to grow.  No wonder Pennsylvania is the hub of horticulture in North America.

And in Maine, well, I don't know how anyone even manages to eat vegetables in Maine.  Sand for soil.  Short short short growing season.  You wait until mid June before you can even see the ground for all the snow.  By August, you've harvested 5 miniscule little maters and by September you've ripped everything out in frustration.

Northwest Indiana has been waaaaay better to me in this regard.  Just lookee here:


And here:








And, Awwww
Here:

 Life is good.  Sunflowers are even better.


5 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S a great looking garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Jungley is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks great! I never get tired of hearing about others' gardens! It is so neat to see how things are going all over the world! Best of luck with your gardening. Love the big sunflower picture! Awesome! Happy Gardening! Mindy

    ReplyDelete