Monday, November 12, 2012

Big Blue Sweater

Progress!  It is being made!

Through all the activity over the last week; leaving my job, leaving my house, leaving the state for goodness sake......I have been furiously knitting on this:



Sweater for my husband.



You see we've been married nearly two years and living 630 miles apart for 4 years.



FOUR YEARS.



Ok ok, so yes we survived but now that it's over one of my 3rd or 4th thoughts was:

How on earth am I going to finish his sweater  now before Christmas?????????


Answer: when I get settled, one of my first orders of business will HAVE to be to either find a knitting circle in existence or to create one myself.  I did it once, I can do it again!  But I have a feeling I won't need to.  I'm pretty durn sure there are already knitting groups where I am going.



So here I am, after 4 years of trying to live together and what am I doing?  Figuring out a way to get away from him for a few hours every week to finish his sweater.



OR



Find a job at a yarn store.  Dang.  Now THAT's and idea........

7 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog and the first blog entry I saw was the sweater you're making for your husband. Guess what? I'm making a sweater for my hubby too for Christmas and it's the same color yarn and I think it's the same pattern! Too strange LOL. Great minds think alike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? That's so cool! Hope yours is coming along better than mine. Been so busy trying to move haven't had much knitting time! Best of luck!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...a job at a yarn store could be very, very dangerous!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to buy him Socks for Supper to go with his sweater! After you read it, you'll understand why.
    http://www.amazon.com/Socks-Supper-Jack-Kent/dp/B006YCTUX6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1353291795&sr=8-4&keywords=socks+for+supper

    (I know. Random weird comment from a stranger! But seriously, it's all I could think of reading this!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Looks cute, maybe I can check it out at the local library.....

      Delete
  4. So, you've made the move??? Hurray! Try your local library - ours has a knitting group and, if not, they are usually the best source for community info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! The library has a knitting group that meets once each week and on Tuesdays hubs is gone to a bible group so two nights each week I should be good!

      Delete