Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hanky Panky

I've come to love ironing.
One of many in my collection

Yup, you heard right. This thing which I literally NEVER did when single, I joyfully do now married and cohabiting.  Last night I was standing over the ironing board, apron on, lavender water spray bottle in hand thinking "Simple life is best." It's not what you have, it's how much you appreciate what you have.
Bought this somewhere along the way




I thought I'd share some of what I have with you.

Ironing simply brings out the best in some items. Just like life, heat and pressure help you to know what you are made of.  
Grandmother's hanky w/edge tatted by my mom.
Part of an auction winnings.



8 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I love the tatted edging on your grandmother's hanky! :)
    "It's not what you have, it's how much you appreciate what you have." This is a GREAT thing to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy! Simplify simplify simplify has been my mantra!

      Delete
  2. I love those. The one with tatting is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really nice linens and pressing them is the proper way in my opinion. I also enjoy ironing when I get around to it. I spent many years ironing 4 to 6 hours a day. I still use and love a lavender spritz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aromatherapy while ironing? Who could say no to that?

      Delete
  4. Lovely... Ever since I started collecting vintage linens for my antique booth I have fallen in love with ironing too.... They are just so pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little things make a big difference. I tuck one in my purse and it makes me smile each time I bring it out. :)

      Delete