Friday, July 12, 2013

A Ten Minute Post

I've got ten minutes to say hi, feed my husband some more meds and stumble in to bed.

So, here goes!

The farm is still under construction and is going very slowly due to the fact that my husband cut his hand up badly on his........table-saw **CRINGE**  Go ahead, everybody does it. It's impossible to hear that and not cringe to the very tips of your toes.  I won't lie. It has set us back drastically. We are now giving up on getting crops in the ground for a summer harvest and keeping our eyes on the weather, planting like mad for the fall harvest.

Potatoes ready to be covered over
Add to this my 1.5 hour one way commute to my new job (yaaaay! AND booooo!) and we are wondering what on earth God could be planning for us. I figure we must be getting pretty durn close to something great because that is when all sorts of hell-fire and spitting b.s. gets in your way.  Ever notice that?
Sunrise over our little patch o'dirt

So we are both kind of in recovery right now. My spirits vacillate, as do his. Some days he's in so much pain he just sleeps, and it tires me out too for love of him. And let's not even talk about money, ok? The bills coming in are the giant dark spot in my peripheral vision that I ignore. Just keep turning to the light people, deal with it a little at a time and put your face towards the sun.

Outhouse nearly finished
We've been eating lettuce and escarole for a while now and loving every minute of it. I planted 40 tomatoes and 52 cabbages. The view is still as stunning as ever and Hallelujah the rain has stopped for a bit so we can now go down and camp for a few days. I have been longing for camping. Waking up with the dawn to the neighbors' rooster crow, making coffee that always tastes better outside, frying up some eggs and drinking in the sunrise.

Well ten minutes is up and I still have to throw some photos up here for you to look at.  Enjoy, thanks for visiting and hey, I may or may not know you but if you pray then pray for us, if you send karma, then send good karma to us; we could use it and I thank you eversomuch in advance.






11 comments:

  1. Prayers, karma, vibes and well wishes. Oh, can I toss in a few cyber-hugs? Sounds like you could use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm recovering from foot surgery so I know the drill sadly. Limited activities, pain, and frustration. I figured it taught me more patience and to respect my bodies healing needs. My hubby really kicked into over drive taking care of everything I couldn't do, bless him! Sendig you some good healing energy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And right back at you! Foot issues must be even harder because you can't get around. And true, patience is something we are both learning and watching the healing process is actually quite interesting. All the skin has peeled off almost all his finger once or twice!

      Anyway, thanks for the good energy. And I'm glad you have a great hubby!

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. My husband cut himself on his tablesaw about 3 years ago while making our dining table. The emotions and the increase in the work load is exhausting. We tend to not realize how much work each other do until one of us has to take up the slack. I pray that he recovers quickly and moves on..psychologically it took awhile for mine to get back using the saw. He uses it but not like he used to. He hasn't built anything since the accident. I wish you the best of luck and pray that you both see better days SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, thank you for your much needed prayers and understanding. I am appreciating more, every day, the things he used to do and can't get back to doing yet. He is a courageous man and I have lots of faith in him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. encouragement is the best thing you can do for him once he's recovered. But knowing when to back off is also important. Blessings.

      Delete
  5. oh gosh, I am SO sorry about your husband's hand. please tell him to keep it very clean - daily - with fresh meds and bandage. It's dog days and will take longer to heal so he needs to be very careful about keeping it clean. Praying for both of you; God's blessings on your both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did cringe, right to the ground. Those things are so dangerous - even for someone who's been using them for years. I hope his recovery is fast and complete. Wow - 1.5hrs one-way? I won't complain about my one hour commute again. That really puts the kabosh on having a lot of time to get things done. Where in Upstate NY did you end up? I'm an Upstate NY-er - maybe I'm close enough to give you a hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, sorry I took so long to get back to you; Fell off the face of the planet there for a bit! We'd love some help but are so disorganized right now. I'm taking names and stuff and eventually, we will take people up on their generous offers of help....who knows...maybe we'll have a good 'ol fashioned Farm Day?

      Delete