Saturday, January 31, 2015

Renee's Garden - a Springtime treat

Last season I put an order in to Renee's Garden for a wide variety of seeds.  If you've never heard of Renee's Garden (surely you have!) you should really check her out.  She's a lady after my own heart. She trials different varieties of flowers, herbs and veggies in her own garden before they get the ok to be sold to the public.  Renee seems to not only grow things but live gardening and using plants. Just what I love. A friend who knows me well bought me her kitchen garden cookbook and I can't wait until we get our outdoor kitchen completed and I can get to work in my own kitchen, using everything from our raised beds and herb garden with the assistance from books like Renee's.
This came for me today, with a couple sample packets to whet my appetite. 
Don't you just love these packets? 
I'm such a sucker for packaging and Renee's got it pat. The images on the front are beautiful conjuring images of cottages in New England and welcoming white picket fences that meet at an arching arbor-gate. Who wouldn't want to plant what's in that packet?  And that's not all.

When you flip the packet over there's so much information that they have a page to flip, as if each variety has its own story. Well of course it does! My favorite arugula comes from Renee's. 'Wasabi' arugula tastes just like wasabi with that green horseradish kick that I love. It doesn't quite clear your sinuses like real wasabi but the flavor is there.

I'm looking forward to trying out more of her selections. I'll be sure to post about my favorites! For now, I'll just keep daydreaming about them and the stories they'll tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment